pvpcoolers League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ok honestly

5 posters

Go down

ok honestly Empty ok honestly

Post by !!She_Got_Da_Kush!! Wed May 13, 2015 10:59 pm

ok. ive heard some talk somewhere about possibly having league wide competitions. i think this is cool and all but can we please ban sentinel and spectrum? im so tired of all these fuckin noobs killing me in maps because theyre using a god damn skill design like that. ugh
!!She_Got_Da_Kush!!
!!She_Got_Da_Kush!!
Active!!
Active!!

Back to top Go down

ok honestly Empty Re: ok honestly

Post by NoobyToons Fri May 15, 2015 1:23 am

Agreed. 100%. Support.
NoobyToons
NoobyToons
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

http://onmyhonor.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Umaroth Fri May 15, 2015 1:37 am

wait no.. i like my sentinel...
Umaroth
Umaroth
Spam King
Spam King

Back to top Go down

Post by NoobyToons Fri May 15, 2015 2:35 am

But i like fighting fair.. -_-
NoobyToons
NoobyToons
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FooJub Wed May 20, 2015 4:09 am

Then why not be able to use them, but the abilities cannot be used or it is an instant ban until the next competition? The designs alone look great, however the skill powers give a great advantage or little, depending on design and the way it is used.
FooJub
FooJub
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by NoobyToons Thu May 21, 2015 1:45 pm

I agree with Foo. Skill designs, if I recall correctly, give the same amount of boosts percent-wise as any other design (and some of them look a little cooler), but some of their abilities give a huge advantage are are practically unbeatable unless EMPing followed by cloak spamming is done which can also be retaliated against...

Automatic loss and potential banning could definitely be a possibility. It would definitely give the right message as to how annoying skill designs are... xD
NoobyToons
NoobyToons
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FooJub Thu May 21, 2015 2:35 pm

NoobyToons wrote:I agree with Foo. Skill designs, if I recall correctly, give the same amount of boosts percent-wise as any other design (and some of them look a little cooler), but some of their abilities give a huge advantage are are practically unbeatable unless EMPing followed by cloak spamming is done which can also be retaliated against...

Automatic loss and potential banning could definitely be a possibility. It would definitely give the right message as to how annoying skill designs are... xD

Spectrum: Reduces laser damage dealt to user by 80% but reduces laser damage dealt by user by 30%, passive 10% shield boost, graphic effect, spinning half-opaque crumpled ball, nickname noob tube. Lasts 30 seconds. Counters available: Spear's JAM-x (N/A in Coolers)

Sentinel: Increases shield efficiency by reducing damage dealt to shields by 30%, may or may not reduce speed by 30% (unknown in coolers, removed in DO). Passive 10% shield boost, Does not apply if you do not use shields, or have no remaining shield health. Graphic effect: Bubble shield, but ongoing and with rippling white energy flowing through cracks as a show of "reinforcement". Continues even if shields are gone. Lasts 2 minutes. Counters available: Spear's JAM-x (N/A in coolers)

Solace: Instant heal of 50% health for user, 25% for teammates (clanmates do not apply unless in team) passive 10% shield boost, graphic effect is a big green plus over ship, accompanied by how much it was allowed to repair (max of 215k in coolers, 107,500 for teammates) Counter's available: (N/A, cannot stop it unless you use it before it is activated as it is instant)
Note: Use at your own peril, if you can connect

Diminisher: When activated, sets a 50% damage increase on target's shields, but (DO only) reduces current shield health by 30% immediately until end of ability. Passive 5% damage boost. Graphic effect, bubble shield effect on user and target, but is yellow-orange and pulsating. Counters available: Shield recharge tech (emp does not work) Jam-x

Venom: When activated, sets a steadily increasing DoT (Damage over Time) on target, starting at 1k and increasing to 10k over time, causing a overall damages done of around 400k. This does not kill in coolers, but will take you to 0 health, but in DO it will kill. Passive 5% damage. Graphic effects, gold fiery ring around user's and target's ship, with mini explosions in center of both ships. Counters available: Jam-x or EMP. (NOTE: IN DO VENOM CAN NO LONGER USE ABILITY IF TARGET IS OUT OF RANGE< OR IF TARGET LEAVES RANGE)

Now that you all have the exact stats and know-all, what is your opinion.

Edit: About the Centaur and Saturn, perhaps ban them as well, since they do actually provide the HP boosts (in both games DO and Coolers)
FooJub
FooJub
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by NoobyToons Thu May 21, 2015 7:09 pm

I'll give some input on the other designs offered as well just to help give users more options as well:

Bastion: Grants a 10% increase to users' shields.

Enforcer: Grants a 5% increase to users' damage.

"RedStark": Appears to be a red Spectrum design which implies that it would give the same effect and passive boost as Spectrum but actually does not. This ship actually does nothing for your ship but make it look like a red Spectrum. May only the bold use it.

Blue Kick: Appears to be a "Kick" design with several other cool neon blue colours thrown onto it. Same as the Kick, it gives the same shield boost of 10%.

Referee: Same as on DarkOrbit, this design gives a 5% damage boost. Previously there were suspicions as to if it's boost actually worked on Coolers or not, but it seems to be working just fine now.

Kick: Grants a 10% increase to users' shields.

American (Independence): On regular DarkOrbit and Coolers, the Independence design grants no bonus.

Goal: On DarkOrbit this design grants a 10% boost to EP. On Coolers, however, it does not grant any differences whatsoever.

Exp Design (Exalted): On DarkOrbit the EP Design is called the Veteran, but on Coolers, the Exp Design appears as an Exalted. On Coolers, despite popular theory, it does not grant any boost to points gained from player OR NPC kills at all.

Vanquisher/Peacemaker/Sovereign: On DarkOrbit, these designs grant an extra 7% damage to other players but on Coolers, unfortunately, no boost is administered.

Centaur: Grants a 10% HP boost.*

Saturn: Grants a 20% HP Boost.*

*I just tested something out with Saturn and Centaur and have found that both designs give the same percent change to your HP. I'm not sure of the exact numbers, but my HP went from 430,000 to 530,000 with both designs. (A whole 100k more health to go through.)

ANOTHER THING: Havoc drone designs have been tested out and do NOT give any boost to your damage. Hercules drone designs however, still give a 15% shield boost but do not give their expected 20% HP boost. Only the bold will use Havocs!
NoobyToons
NoobyToons
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NoobyToons Thu May 21, 2015 10:54 pm

ACTUALLY IN THE END, HERCULES DRONES DONT DO ANYTHING EITHER SO IT DOESNT MATTER.

Also, skill design's passive percentage boosts DO NOT work on coolers either. Sooo... It's all for looks cause' we're still not gonna let you use abilities in the tourney...
NoobyToons
NoobyToons
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -=[#Grind_Train]=- Fri May 22, 2015 11:38 am

i agree with banning the stupid spectrum. every time i vs someone they always turn up in a spectrum and never die. so op. in a pvp contest everybody would be using them.
-=[#Grind_Train]=-
-=[#Grind_Train]=-
Developer
Developer

Back to top Go down

Post by FooJub Fri May 22, 2015 12:56 pm

Spectrum is pretty easy to counter anyways, just emp and run around for 30 seconds LOL.
FooJub
FooJub
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Umaroth Fri May 22, 2015 8:42 pm

thats true i got a spectrum kill that way today
Umaroth
Umaroth
Spam King
Spam King

Back to top Go down

Post by FooJub Sun May 24, 2015 12:51 am

Umaroth wrote:thats true i got a spectrum kill that way today
Yeah the other good thing about fighting spectrums is they get a sense of invincibility, overfconfidence, and as such tend to perform worse. Something I noticed between using normal and skill designs is I actually die less in my normal designs lol
FooJub
FooJub
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Umaroth Tue May 26, 2015 7:39 pm

well i die more in a bastion and im actually surviving quite well in my sentinel.. maybe you die more because you dont have the passive boosts? idk why id live instead though
Umaroth
Umaroth
Spam King
Spam King

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum