Darkorbit future updates and relevant infos

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Darkorbit future updates and relevant infos

Post by FooJub on Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:23 pm

I'm starting this so y'all don't have to go through forums to find it and so ya can stay updated. Tips, hidden stuff and updates will be posted here.

Disclaimer: I'm taking *most* of the material from others posts on DO forums.

Last edited by FooJub on Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:55 pm; edited 2 times in total

Some think that teachers are the ones who teach, but it is a circle which is never broken.
The teacher teaches the student, and the student the teacher, and as the cycle continues
we learn, adapt, and our curiosity grows inside us, until we pass our curiosity and know-
ledge down...
FooJub
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Darkorbit future updates and relevant infos

Post by FooJub on Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:24 pm

POSSIBLE NEW MAP OR GATE
Spoiler:
a possible new map.

It's ID is "map_666" and as far as I can tell it's still under construction but it sounds pretty interesting from the very limited information I can find about it.
It has an interesting set up for the 3D client. There is a list of ship files that are to be displayed in 3D on this map.

ship40 x3 (file doesn't exist but is commented as Uber Sibelonit)
ship21 (ufonit - small version of the UFO ship, very old NPC from old client in 2007/8)
ship24 (Boss Lordakia)
ship31 (Boss Mordon)
ship77 (Lordakium)
ship123 (Emperor Lordakium)
ship_citadel (no prizes for anyone who guesses this one :p)
ship80 (Cubikon)
ship116 (Hitac Mothership)
ship124 (Emperor Sibelon)
ship129 (Plague Mothership)
ship442 ( ... a spaceball)
All the ships have map coordinates for where they are, most of them have a y value of 0, so they are almost all in a straight line I guess? There is NO indication that these are going to be the NPC that are in the new map.

Last edited by FooJub on Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:51 pm; edited 2 times in total

Some think that teachers are the ones who teach, but it is a circle which is never broken.
The teacher teaches the student, and the student the teacher, and as the cycle continues
we learn, adapt, and our curiosity grows inside us, until we pass our curiosity and know-
ledge down...
FooJub
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FooJub on Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:26 pm

NEW FORMATIONS
Spoiler:
New formations have been updated -
Drill
Laser damage is increased by 20%; however, shield points are reduced by 25%, shield spread by 5%, and speed by 5%.

Dome
Shield points are increased by 25% and regenerate by 0.01% per second. Cooldown times for rockets and rocket launchers are reduced by 25%; however, laser damage is reduced by 50%, and speed is reduced by 100%.

Ring
Shield points are increased by 180%; however, laser damage is reduced by 40%, and cooldown times for rockets and rocket launchers are increased by 40%.

Veteran
Honor is increased by 20%; however, laser damage, hit points, and shield points are all decreased by 20%.

Wheel
Speed is increased by 5%; however, laser damage is reduced by 20%, and this formation drains shields by 5% per second.

Wave
Drones will make waves, but otherwise this formation grants neither benefits nor penalties.

X
Hit points are increased by 8%, and in PvE play only, laser damage is increased by 1% and XP earned from PvE is increased by 5%; however, no Honor is earned, and PvP lasers cause no damage.

THESE BELOW ARE THE OLD VERSIONS OF THE ABOVEMENTIONED.
Ring (F-3D-RG)
180% Shield increase and -50% laser damage.

Old description had the shield value at 150%.

Drill (F-3D-DR)
50% laser damage increase and -50% shield strength and shield spread.

I assume -50% shield spread means that half the damage being done to you will go directly to your HP. However this is completely useless if the person using this formation is using low shields.

With this formation the maximum damage in a goliath will be just under 124,000 on x4 damage and 187,000 on RSB. If the player were to use a diminisher then their x4 damage would be 185,000 on x4 and 273,000 on RSB. This is the formation I had the most concern over.

Veteran ( F-3D-VT)
+50% Honor and -20% Laser, Shield, Hp.

Dome (F-3D-DM)
100% Shield absorption as well as 10% Shield increase. -25% ship speed.

So this one is just an improved crab, whilst you go 5% slower than you will if using crab you gain a 10% shield booster. I don't know how moth would react with this formation since it does state that it will cause your ship to have 100% Shield absorption.

Wheel (F-3D-WL)
10% increase in ship speed and a -15% decrease in laser damage.

Wavy (F-3D-WV)
"Those drones know how to move"

This formation had no proper description, will of course post it if one does turn up.

X (F-3D-X)
100% increase in rocket damage (standard and rocket launcher rockets included) and -30% HP.

Last edited by FooJub on Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:50 pm; edited 2 times in total

ledge down...
FooJub
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FooJub on Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:29 pm

NEW TRAINING ARENA BATTLES REWARDS
Spoiler:

Every month players will be able to play in ranked 1-on-1 PvP fights to make it to the top of the list.

The Top 50 players of each instance will receive special rewards ranging from Booty keys, Uridium to special Ship designs and titles (incl. Achievement).

The last 12 monthly rankings will be displayed in the client’s “Training Arena” window.

A “Season” lasts a pre-defined period of time (1st of the month until the last of the month).

After the rewards are booked, the scores and rankings are reset.

If several players reach the same position (same number of kills) they all receive the highest possible reward.

If a player already has the exclusive ship design, he’ll get Uri instead.

A the “Arena Iron” Goliath Design will be made available as targeted offer for all participants.

The last Season’s arena winner will receive a special badge that is displayed in the client on the ship – like the special officer icon.​

ledge down...
FooJub
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FooJub on Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:10 pm

EASTER EGGS (NOT THE EASTER ONES)
Spoiler:
<Deep-Space Pyrotechnician>- Jump into a Galaxy Gate and set off multiple fireworks, I do not know if there is set amount needed, I tried 2 and it did not work, tried 5 and it works, you get title plus cargo boxes turn into presents for a period of time.

<So Ping Me Maybe>- You need to be in an outfit, then ping all 4 corners of the map, you will receive the title plus a face out of ping's will appear on the mini map.

<Rainbow Shooter>- Click off of the chat box and type iwantrainbows (no spaces no caps), you will shot rainbow ammo till you jump or log (other people do not see the rainbows, also you shot normal ammo but all looks the same e.g. x2, SAB, RSB all look the same)

<Tour de Wormhole>- Go to 4-5 map, and go into the rad zone and go deeper into the rad zone, about 5-10 seconds in you will come out on the right side completing the achievement. (I know that if you go left side it sends you to the right, if you go on right side you still come out on the right side. I do not know how it works going up or down.)

ledge down...
FooJub
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top